The overall function of the Chief of Breast medical oncology is to coordinate the delivery of inpatient and outpatient specialty care by division faculty to all breast cancer patients as needed in compliance with standards and regulations set forth by JCAHO and other regulatory agencies. The Chair of Medical Oncology will assist the Chief of Hematology/Oncology as well as the Chairman of the UPMC Cancer Centers to coordinate the mission of the community (UPMC Cancer Centers) faculty and the full-time (UPP) faculty.
- Provide a leadership role in the conduct and coordination of breast cancer care
- Participate in regular review and evaluation of all quality and appropriateness of patient care rendered by members of the Division. Such review to be carried out through specifically designated medical staff mechanisms.
- Participate in Division budget planning and assist in the preparation of all reports for the Breast Cancer program
- Participate in the development of programs and services to serve the needs of oncology patients as deemed medically appropriate.
- Participate in defining the scope of general oncology practice at the Hospital in a manner consistent with and supportive of, the Hospital s mission and strategic goals, and advocate the Hospital s interest related to general oncology services within the University of Pittsburgh Physicians
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of oncology practice at the Hospital and recommend methods by which the most economical use of equipment, supplies and pharmaceuticals can be assured without compromising the medical necessities of treatment.
- Board Certified in Hematology or Oncology
- Licensed to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Bases office practice at UPMC Presbyterian-Shadyside Hospitals and the Hillman Cancer Center and utilizes inpatient and ambulatory hospital
- Proven administrative capabilities in leading comprehensive programs and centers in a department, division or institution
Recruitment Package Includes:
- Sign-On Bonus
- Family Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
- Employer Matched Retirement Benefits
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Generous CME allowance and PTO