Join UPMC Altoona Ear, Nose, and Throat located in Altoona, PA!
- Provide a full complement of head and neck surgery services
- Team currently comprised of 2 seasoned physicians and 2 physician assistants
- Referrals from broad base of UPMC employed primary care physicians, neighboring community physicians, ER, and Trauma team
- Practice located in newly constructed 90,000 square foot medical office complex which houses audiology, allergy and immunology service
- Nearby hospital has 12 ORs; ambulatory surgery center has 6 ORs; opportunity to practice in neighboring rural hospital
About Our Health System
UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system, providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania. UPMC Altoona is a Level II Trauma Center, a regional oncology and cardiology center,and a Joint Commission-accredited stroke center. Other signature services include behavioral health,vascular and endovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and a wound care.
Our Medical Staff
Our medical staff is comprised of 400+ practicing physicians including 70+ primary care physicians and specialists in interventional cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, ENT, nephrology, neurology, medical and radiation oncology, psychiatry, and endocrinology. The hospital is fully staffed with 20+ physician hospitalists, a full service intensivist staff, and a team of interventional radiologists.
About the Opportunity
Competitive compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
- Family Insurance Coverage
- Retirement Benefits
- Occurrence-based Malpractice Insurance
- And a generous CME allowance.
About Our Community
Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in central Pennsylvania, with major northeast metropolitan areas within a 2 5 hour drive. Our region offers a friendly and uncomplicated way of life filled with cultural and recreational opportunities, where children can grow up in a safe and enriching community. Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing are popular at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails. Big10 sports, national touring performing artists and an active social scene are among the highlights of neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.