Obstetrics & Gynecology - NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island - Brooklyn, New York
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital), located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are currently accepting applications and referrals for a full-time Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician to work in our OB/GYN department.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Arrange for discharge after care.
- Develops assessment and treatment plan.
- Timely documentation in the Electronic Health Record admission, progress notes and discharge summaries.
- Provides patient education and counseling covering health status, test results, disease processes and discharge planning.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff as needed.
- Provides clinical guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Adherence to all facility, PAGNY and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains required credentials, current licensure and CME requirements.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chair person.
- 60% OP, 40% IP, General clinic, resident education, L&D consults.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary = $260,000 Board Eligible status and $270,000 Board Certified status
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V