West Virginia University School of Medicine Eastern Division seeks an Orthopedic Surgeon (ranks available: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor). The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Berkeley and/or Jefferson, WV.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the areas of Orthopedics In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Qualifications: Candidate must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent State medical license and DEA registration is required by start date. Successful candidate must have completed Orthopedics residency program, as well as Trauma fellowship program. Successful candidates must be board certified / eligible in Orthopedics. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
The position will remain open until filled. WVU offers a highly competitive and comprehensive recruitment package which includes:
- Guaranteed Base salary + Incentive
- Sign on / Loan Repayment / Relocation
- Faculty appointment with WVU
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- 24 vacation days, 7 holidays incl. floating, 18 days sick leave
- CME allowance of with paid CME days
- $500,000 in life insurance coverage paid by employer.
- 401a retirement with percentage of base salary up to the IRS max
- 403b and 457b retirement options (ability to utilize both)
- Malpractice Occurrence based with sovereign immunity
Our Eastern Panhandle location is little more than an hour from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. A rural atmosphere and a lower cost of living mixed with the easy accessibility to the Washington DC / Baltimore areas make the Eastern Panhandle an ideal place in which to live. While our Berkeley County is among the fastest growing counties in the state, there is little congestion and traffic. In recent years, a steady influx of urban professionals from nearby Washington, DC and Baltimore, Maryland - have contributed to the growth of local telecommuting and high-tech industries.
Interested Candidates should send CV to:
Tina R. Stover, MS, FASPR
Director of Physician Recruitment
2500 Hospital Drive
Martinsburg, WV 25401
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.