DIRECTOR QUALITY & PATIENT SAFETY
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
The Department of Internal Medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center is seeking an Internal Medicine Director of Quality and Patient Safety. The successful candidate will lead the quality and peer review initiatives for the Department of Medicine. This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
Job Functions (50%)
- Directs, oversees, plans, coordinates and evaluates a comprehensive program to improve clinical outcomes, enhance value, and minimize patient harm,
- Drives the organization to improve value, prevent unnecessary readmissions, overuse of testing or procedures, and reduce costs.
- Oversees patient safety and quality by One Link report reviews, requested case reviews, incident reporting, root cause analyses, sentinel event reporting, and proactive departmental physicians and resident staff training and education.
- Participates in the Peer Review Committee for the DOM, led by the Vice Chair
- Assist Division Directors in developing and monitoring Ongoing Practice Performance Evaluation (OPPE) and Focused Practice Performance Evaluation (FPPE
- Provide education and training in this discipline to the array of learners, including physicians, residents, students, nurses and others
Job Functions for Clinical Role (50%)
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient hospitalist or consultative services, including on call services
- M.D. or D.O. from a recognized medical school
- Minimum of five (5) years post-residency or fellowship
- Certification and Maintenance of Certification by the Board of Internal Medicine in both Internal Medicine and a subspecialty, if applicable
- Current, valid New Jersey medical license
- Experience in Quality Initiatives with training in quality, epidemiology or public health preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with professional peers and supervised members of the Department Ability to obtain a faculty appointment at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
In addition to our collegial work environment, we offer a highly competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
For immediate consideration, please submit your CV to Nancy Massa, physician recruiter, at: email@example.com or call/text (732) 890-9339