Orthopaedic Surgeon in Princeton, NJ with subspecialty focus on Sportsmedicine or Joint Replacement also willing to treat fractures at Princeton Medical Center, affiliated with Penn Medicine. The area is in Central NJ, close to NYC, Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore, Delaware Valley, Bucks County, and Poconos in a beautiful college town setting with great restaurants, biking, golf, and health clubs.
The practice is within walking distance of Princeton Medical Center. We provide the diverse community with fracture care, arthroscopy, and reconstructive surgery. This includes being the exclusive provider of Mako robot assisted partial and full joint replacement for the past 5 years. The hospital is an advanced center for joint replacement for many years. We have our own Physical Therapy practice featuring Redcord. We feature all digital DR radiography in office, and full computer support throughout the office and with remote access- EHR, Practice management, and PACs system.
The new hospital was completed in 2012, and is a busy 171 acre campus. The office is within walking distance of the hospital in the Forrestal Campus of Princeton University in a park like setting of 825 acres. We are on the ground floor of a new 40K square foot building where we occupy about 5K square feet. The adjacent Lifetime Fitness includes outdoor aquatic facilities. Manhattan and Philadelphia by car or train is about an hour and a half away. Newark and Philadelphia airports are also equidistant. We share call with all of the local orthopaedic surgeons and you can anticipate about 9 days of first call per year, representing simple fractures as we are not a trauma center.
This position is uniquely suited to the surgeon who enjoys a diversity of surgical procedures, technical excellence, a high degree of freedom and practice control, and a healthy work/life balance. There is ample opportunity for expansion and ownership for a motivated individual. The area features excellent public and private schools and recreational activities.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Excellent bedside manner, communication, and surgical skills
- Compatible personality and work ethic
- Initial annual salary ranging from $250K and up with potential for bonus based on collections
- initial 3 weeks PTO annually
- Easy infrequent shared first call duties- not a trauma center
- Business expenses covered include medical liability and dues, reasonable practice related expenses pretax
- Pleasant work environment that balances work and lifestyle