Division Chief of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Nemours Children's Health
- Orlando, Florida
- Closing date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Chair/Chief/Medical Director
Division Chief of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Orlando, FL, United States
The Department of Pediatrics, Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, Florida, seeks a dynamic and innovative full-time Professor or Associate Professor Academic Hospitalist to lead its Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. The Division Chief will provide strategic and operational leadership with responsibility and accountability across the full range of mission areas to maintain and grow clinical, educational, and research programs; guide faculty development; participate in the clinical teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows; and mentor faculty, trainees, and medical students.
The Position Reports to The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Orlando, FL. This position provides outstanding clinical, laboratory, and health services research opportunities. Academic appointments will be held at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, and academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience level.
Currently, Board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) with a subspecialty certification in Pediatric Hospital Medicine, possess or eligible for an unrestricted Florida medical license, qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Orlando FL.
- Experience in and commitment to the delivery of high-quality clinical care and patient care that ensures good outcomes in multiple domains for patients and their families
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to the education of residents and Fellows.
- Ability to develop innovative models of care delivery
- Ability to manage a team of hospitalists and advanced practice providers, mentor them, and guide their professional development and success
- Ability to work collaboratively with leaders and professionals from multiple other specialties and with regional physicians and referring institutions
- Interest and experience in working with a population with several economic, health, and educational disparities. Cultural sensitivity, appreciation, and interest in improving the health of an underserved population.
- Experience in scholarly activity as evidenced by a recent and sufficient number of peer-reviewed publications, including participation in specialty society organizations and active involvement with national or regional professional societies.
- Experience in applying for and obtaining research funding.
- A personality and style grounded in partnering, collegiality, and consensus-building.
- An individual passionate about building and supporting new programs, comfortable with forging new paths and working with ambiguity.
- An individual with a contagious passion for his/her work and the ability to garner support to meet objectives.
For confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Kanekal Gautham MD, DM, MS, FAAP
Chair, Dept of Pediatrics
With a copy to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
Nemours Children's Hospital (NCH) in Orlando is a free-standing children’s hospital with a full breadth of pediatric specialties located in Lake Nona; an epicenter for innovation, technology and health care. NCH brings pediatric specialty care never before offered in Central Florida. The hospital even includes the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids. At Nemours, we have the ability to collaborate and develop a multitude of multidisciplinary clinics.
Many of Nemours’ board-certified specialists have come from top hospitals around the country because they share the desire to create a pediatric health care facility that empowers patients and their caregivers.
At Nemours Children's Hospital you can expect:
- All levels of care — from minor injuries to the most complex conditions
- Innovative pediatric medicine with specialized medical and surgical services
- Patient rooms designed by families, for families
- Electronic health record technology that's ranked among the best in the country
- A "hospital in a garden" with green spaces for healing, respite, and therapy
- Onsite amenities such as free valet parking, ChargePoint EV charging stations and free Wi-Fi
- Expert care in your community through our specialty and primary care network
Our institution is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
Learn more about Nemours Children's Health and our Mission: Nemours' Mission
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, we've made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It's a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day-to-day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours aspires to have its workforce and providers reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of diverse backgrounds, race and ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, and those committed to working with diverse populations and conversant in multicultural values are strongly encouraged to apply. Please click here to review Nemours Anti-Racism Statement (nemours.org).
To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org .
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Nemours, our physicians work together — across specialties, clinics, and hospitals — to give children care that's among the safest, most caring, and compassionate. This unique collaboration has earned Nemours a place among the most respected pediatric health care systems in the nation.
As part of a pediatric health system with both clinical and academic partnerships, we are 100% focused on ensuring a healthier future for children. We strive for excellent outcomes across all of our medical and surgical specialties - and we measure these outcomes in order to provide consistent, top-rated care.
Nemours physicians are committed to family-centered care and to making families true partners in every aspect of a child's treatment and care.
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, we've made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It's a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention. Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families. To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org.
1600 Rockland Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert