St. Christopher's Hospital for Children is looking for a world class, fellowship-trained, full-time pediatric radiologist to serve as the Chief of the Department of Radiology. The Chief is vital to leading the clinical operations, teaching and research of the Department.
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
With more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children combines top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties. Services include a busy Emergency Department with over 60,000 annual visits and a modern critical care tower with the highest level NICU and a PICU. It houses the only pediatric-only burn center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital. In addition to its main location in Philadelphia, the hospital has a growing network of primary and specialty care locations throughout the Philadelphia suburbs and New Jersey.
The Department of Radiology performs over 40,000 annual studies across a vast array of imaging modalities including plain radiography, fluoroscopy, interventional radiology, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and uphold standards of care in the department
- Provide clinical supervision of medical services and assure appropriateness, quality, and safety of patient care
- Provide medical leadership for daily operations of the department
- Deliver direct clinical care through the performance and interpretation of studies
- Recruit new faculty with appropriate skillsets to meet clinical needs
- Develop a roadmap for the modernization of the department
- Collaborate with pediatric and pediatric subspecialty physicians to provide the optimal care for patients
- Advocate for programs and resources necessary to optimize outcomes of Department priorities and the pediatric patients the Department serves
- Promote teaching in a multidisciplinary manner by providing leadership for and participation in the education of medical students, fellows, house staff, nursing, and medical staff
- Maintain an open line of communication with practice and hospital leadership
- Support administrative decisions and activities affecting patient care
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children You Tube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_HnssVJ1s
- Doctorate in Medicine (M.D. or D.O.)
- Completion of a residency in radiology and a fellowship in pediatric radiology
- Board certification in Pediatric Radiology by the American Board of Radiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience with demonstrated leadership accomplishments
- An interpersonal skillset that focuses on team-building