In the highly visible role of Physician Executive, Banner University Medical Group - Tucson you will have the responsibility of providing leadership, direction, and administration of medical management, as well as the integration, coordination, and improvement of clinical care and patient safety for designated healthcare operations. You will serve as an influential member of the clinical leadership team at the system level, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning. You will be a seasoned leader with a proven track record in execution and influence at the highest level, as we are transforming as an organization in innovation.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
This position provides leadership, vision and direction to promote excellence in patient care, practice efficiency and strong financial stewardship. This position is responsible for directing, planning, and coordinating clinical activities and programs for designated areas, ensuring clinical activities are efficient, effective, and appropriately support the organization’s multidisciplinary, patient-centered focus. This position will have overall responsibility for providing leadership, direction, and administration of medical management, as well as the integration, coordination, and improvement of clinical care and patient safety for designated healthcare operations. This position serves as a member of the clinical leadership team at the system level, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
1. Medical Group Performance Management. Oversees and manages BUMG-T performance including quality outcomes, value-based deliverables, productivity, customer service, efficiency measures, access and growth expectations, in alignment with the goals of Banner Health. This includes reviewing and recommending physician personnel actions including recruitment, selection, hiring, evaluations, salary determinations and disciplinary actions. Evaluates the performance and professional competence of physicians, recommends action and deploy correction plans as needed. Develop and mentor physicians to promote professional excellence and growth. Fosters teamwork and creates organizational capacity for innovation, creativity and critical thinking by providing physicians with accountability, training, information and resources to achieve their full clinical and leadership potential.
2. Medical Group Efficiency. Serves as a key member of the team responsible for shared oversight of the overall efficiency of medical group operations, which includes overseeing dashboards that include total cost of care, access and performance metrics. Coordinates and supports the development of applicable pathways, guidelines, benchmarks and metrics. Active participant in success of revenue cycle and ongoing promotion of coding educational offerings. Reviews applicable analyses and reports to evaluate physician and practice progress and drives improvement.
3. Medical Group Quality and Patient Satisfaction. Works collaboratively with senior management to evaluate and maximize the effectiveness of care delivery, patient safety, and related operational metrics. This may include leading care management activities to improve patient safety, provide patient-centered, appropriate and timely care, reduce inappropriate variation, implement evidence-based standards, enhance efficiency and throughput, and evaluate innovative clinical methods and opportunities. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional, and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience.
4. Medical Group Financial Performance. Maintains overall accountability for the development, management and adherence to budget. Participates in financial planning and driving results. Ensures organizational fiscal standards and expectations are met. Participates in philanthropic activities and public speaking engagements, as appropriate.
5. Medical Group integration with the care delivery system. Works in collaboration with the CEO of BUMC-T/S and other clinical and operational leadership teams. Ensure the coordination of services throughout the care continuum from acute care to ambulatory services. Ensure that physician on call and support teams are right sized for quality and efficiency. May serve on system committees. This also includes developing the Banner/UA Tucson vision, strategy, and clinical and operational performance in collaboration with other key stakeholders across the company.
6. Medical Group interaction with the AMC. Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Continuous communication is needed with the UA Dean and Chairs to ensure that plans are mutually agreed and implemented. Collaborate with the BUMG and BUMC leadership teams to prepare monthly agendas for AMC and all necessary preparation meetings, prioritizing program development and correction actions necessary to promote financial sustainability.
7. Medical Group Regulatory Compliance. Ensures that the appropriate reviews are maintained to stay in compliance with regulations. Oversees and/or directs the development and implementation of entity-wide policies, procedures and programs aligned with stated goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with applicable Federal and State regulations and established organizational policies and procedures.
8. Medical Group program development and growth. In collaboration with strategic, financial and operational leadership team members, directs and provides oversight regarding the strategic development, implementation, and maintenance of strong clinical programs that meet Banner/UA Tucson growth initiatives and the needs of patient populations in the community. Ensure that physicians are available during clinical hours to improve patient access. Increase digital scheduling and virtual connectivity of physicians and patients.
9. This position has full operational and administrative oversight responsibility for designated areas. Serves as liaison among facilities, medical staff, medical leadership, external organizations, and contracted payor organizations. Responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with staff members and associates, frequent contact with medical staff leaders and medical staff as well as Banner Health leaders Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Physician Executive must live and work in Tucson, AZ.