Job Description & Requirements
Endocrine Surgeon in Connecticut
The Department of Surgery and Division of Surgical Oncology at Yale School of Medicine are seeking an experienced endocrine surgeon to join their growing Section of Endocrine Surgery. The position will include a faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, commensurate with experience level.
The ideal candidate will have training from an AAES-accredited endocrine surgery fellowship program and be board certified in general surgery. They must also have exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to the long-term development of an endocrine surgery program as they expand their footprint in the Northeast.Opportunity Highlights
- Collaborate and provide care alongside two fellowship-trained endocrine surgeons and the world-renowned team at the Smilow Cancer Hospital, the only NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Connecticut.
- Provide cutting-edge, individualized care for complex and routine conditions of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands in a high-volume setting.
- Contribute to the growth of the endocrine surgery program and create a legacy as they work toward becoming a top East Coast referral center.
- Work in a collegial environment with surgical, oncologic, and radiologic sub-specialists and support staff, all focused on patient-centered care.
- Provide educational training to medical students, residents, and fellows, and actively participate in research.
Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven, Connecticut, is a charming community offering a remarkable quality of life. Surrounded by inviting communities and gorgeous scenery, it provides a unique range of cultural, historical, recreational, and educational amenities that make it a desirable place to live and work.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented minority groups.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools, as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence, RI
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.