Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Openings
- Northwell Health Physician Partners
- Queens, New York
- Closing date
- Oct 31, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Geriatric Psychiatry R-5 ACGME-accredited fellowship at Zucker Hillside Hospital/Northwell Health continues to have openings for July 2023 in our exciting and evolving program.
The Geriatric Psychiatry division at Zucker Hillside Hospital, the flagship behavioral health facility of Northwell Health, is a comprehensive clinical service with dedicated geropsychiatry inpatient units (22 bed and 20 bed units); a geriatric psychiatry outpatient clinic (approximately 1500 registrants) which subsumes a specialized more intensive outpatient sub-track, the Senior Treatment Enhanced Program (STEP); and diverse community relationships. Additional fellowship innovations/highlights include:
- Novel rotation in a collaborative care model (integration of behavioral health into primary care) in partnership with Northwell s extensive House Calls (homebound elderly) Program
- Certificate in ECT following immersive clinical experience (Zucker Hillside operates the second largest ECT service in the US)
- rTMS and IV ketamine experiences
- Telemedicine: Since the COVID-19 outbreak, ambulatory services rapidly transformed to a telehealth enterprise. To ensure equitable tele-video care for older patients:
- Geriatric-sensitive screening for telemedicine readiness based on status of digital access, technological literacy, and personal disability (vision, hearing, physical, cognitive).
- Work with digital navigator to address telemedicine unreadiness.
- Remote tele-consultation to nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home care patients
- Participate in Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) pilots
- Experience adjunctive digital therapy services for geropsychiatry outpatients
- Participate in regional Elder Abuse Task Force
- Palliative Medicine rotation at two sites (LIJ Medical Center/North Shore University Hospital) which includes inpatient Palliative Care unit
- Gero C/L rotation which includes exposure to board-certified pain management C/L psychiatrist
Northwell Health is New York State s largest employer and operates a 23-hospital health system and large, geographically dispersed ambulatory care network. As such, post-fellowship, diverse opportunities abound for interesting attending psychiatrist positions.
Apply for Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Openings
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert