ID#: 1275568 Hiring Department:
Cardiology Job Type:
The Division of Cardiology
and the CardioVascular Center (CVC)
at Tufts Medical Center
and Tufts University School of Medicine
is seeking an outstanding candidate for a position as Medical Director of Cardiac Transplantation within the Advanced Heart Failure Program
. Why join our team:
Tufts Medical Center is located in Downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of Tufts Medicine. The medical center has a robust and growing advanced HF referral network extending across New England and evaluates approximately 140 patients annually for advanced therapies including mechanical support and transplant.
The program has performed between 38 - 56 transplants per year recently, including DCD heart transplants and combined heart-kidneys, and has a strong shared-care model with referring sites. We have 24/7 coverage of cardiovascular intensive care units by critical care-certified intensivists and train three advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology fellows per year.
Infrastructure to support the academic aspects of such a position include an NIH-funded Clinical and Translational Science Institute, our Cardiovascular Center for Research and Innovation overseeing clinical and translational research, the Molecular Cardiology Research Institute overseeing basic science, as well as a very detailed research and quality heart transplant database and a transplant database manager. Members of our group also collaborate with investigators in the Institute for Health Policy Studies and Clinical Research for health services and cost-effectiveness research. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You will direct the clinical program of Cardiac Transplantation, including leadership of the policies and clinical workflows within the team.
- You will work closely with colleagues in the cardiac surgery, transplant infectious disease (in joint heart-ID clinics), transplant immunology, and critical care teams.
- You will have substantial potential for academic success working in collaboration with busy clinical programs, partnering with academically oriented faculty members and an outstanding and dynamic group of early career clinician-investigators.
Work, Live, and Grow
- BC/BE in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
- Academic interests and experience are very highly desirable, and substantial opportunities will be available for teaching, with appointment as faculty at Tufts University School of Medicine at an appropriate level based on experience.
- Excellent clinical, communication, academic, and leadership skills across the spectrum of advanced HF care.
- A passion for Transplant Cardiology and delivering high-quality innovative transplant care.
: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive: A career path enriched by clinical, education, and academic opportunities with collegial division members. Competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package to include a generous employer contribution.Location:
Tufts Medical Center, Boston MAWhy Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.