ID#: 1346941 Hiring Department:
Cardiac Surgery Job Type:
Full TimeCARDIAC SURGEON - TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER Emphasis on Cardiac Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory SupportDescription
Tufts Medical Center, part of the Tufts Medicine system, is seeking a midlevel, board certified academic cardiac surgeon to join its clinically and academically renowned Division of Cardiac Surgery and CardioVascular Center (CVC). Responsibilities will include a special emphasis on surgery for cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support, in addition to general adult cardiac surgery. The candidate will have the opportunity to advance his/her career, while helping to further grow the cardiac and transplant program as a team member of Tufts Advanced Heart Failure Program. The Division of Cardiac Surgery performs 40-60 heart transplants per year and has historically been the busiest and largest transplant center in New England, with a well-established HCV program and recently established DCD program.
The CVC is an integrated Heart and Vascular Center with true financial and strategic alignment across Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, and Vascular Surgery, as well as across the physician organization and the hospital. Research is integrated under the CardioVascular Center for Research and Innovation. The Division of Cardiac Surgery performs approximately 1000 cardiac procedures per year. The CVC has the largest advanced heart failure program in New England. The CVC is a world leader in both pre-clinical and clinical mechanical circulatory support development. It has robust and growing interdisciplinary programs in cardiac arrhythmia, structural heart disease, aortic disease, and ischemic heart disease. Tufts Medical Center frequently has the highest case mix index in the region. A 12-bed state-of-the-art cardiac surgery ICU has recently been completed with plans for opening 6 additional beds. A 4-OR state-of-the-art cardiac surgery operating suite is being planned.
Salary and academic appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine will be commensurate with training and level of experience. Tufts Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity employer, and women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.Why Join our Team:
Who you are:
- You'll have the opportunity for mentorship and collaboration with New England's most experienced heart failure cardiac surgeon, who is one of the nation's most preeminent heart failure surgeons with 550 transplants and 500 LVADS over the past 25 years
- Work alongside our internationally recognized advanced heart failure team of clinical cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and advanced providers.
- The surgical and advanced heart failure teams partner with a 24/7 cardiovascular critical care team, closely aligned with the CVC, collaborating in pre-and post-surgical management, including patients with cardiac transplant or mechanical circulatory support.
- Our referrals for advanced heart failure therapies derive largely from our well-established network of tertiary care systems throughout Northern New England, as well as our Eastern Massachusetts provider network.
- Board Certified
- Extensive heart failure experience with documented and proven results, with at least 500 regular adult cases and 86 heart failure cases.
- Submission of easily understood STS O/E results is required.
- Participation in general adult cardiac surgery
- Provide career development for the major clinical practice focused on cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support.
- must be collegial, with outstanding communication skills, a true team player, and sincerely interested in collaborative clinical and/or translational research. Teaching residents is a requirement.
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown BostonWhy Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.