ID#: 1326190 Hiring Department:
Inherited and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Job Type:
The Division of Cardiology
and the CardioVascular Center (CVC)
at Tufts Medical Center
and Tufts University School of Medicine
is seeking an outstanding candidate for a position as Director of the Inherited and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program. Why join our team:
Tufts Medical Center is located in Downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and is a member of the Tufts Medicine health system. The Medical Center has a robust and growing referral network for cardiomyopathies as well as for advanced HF, extending across New England.
Substantial collaborative and multidisciplinary support for the clinical aspects of the Inherited and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy program include experienced Nurse Practitioners, senior Medical Geneticists, Masters-level genetic counselors, an out-patient pharmacist, and social work services. For patients requiring advanced therapies, experienced colleagues provide partnership for interventional septal reduction therapies and assessment for heart transplantation.
Dedicated clinical space incorporates exam rooms as well as a family conference room with a large monitor to review imaging studies. An experienced advanced imaging program incorporates new MR magnets, and scheduling slots are dedicated to the program. The echocardiography team has substantial experience in the cardiomyopathy field.
Infrastructure to support the academic aspects of such a position include an NIH-funded Clinical and Translational Science Institute, our Cardiovascular Center for Research and Innovation overseeing clinical and translational research, the Molecular Cardiology Research Institute overseeing basic science with investigators specifically focusing on myocyte biology in HCM, and a comprehensive highly annotated clinical database. Members of our group also collaborate with investigators in Tufts Medical Center's Institute for Health Policy Studies and Clinical Research for health services and cost-effectiveness research.How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are
- You will direct the clinical program of Inherited and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, including leadership of the policies and clinical workflows within the team.
- You will work closely with colleagues from the cardiac imaging, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and critical care teams.
- You will have substantial potential for academic success working in collaboration with busy clinical programs, partnering with academically oriented faculty members and an outstanding and dynamic group of early career clinician-investigators.
Work, Live, and Grow
- BC/BE in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Academic interests and experience are very highly desirable, and substantial opportunities will be available for teaching, with appointment as faculty at Tufts University School of Medicine at an appropriate level based on experience.
- Excellent clinical, communication, academic, and leadership skills across the spectrum of cardiomyopathy care.
- A passion for delivering high-quality innovative care for subspecialized cardiac syndromes.
: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive: A career path enriched by clinical, education, and academic opportunities with collegial division members. Competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package to include a generous employer contribution.Location:
Tufts Medical Center, Boston MAWhy Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.