PLASTIC SURGEON FULL TIME- HAND SPECIALIST A PLUS!
Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospitals in Rockford, IL is seeking a BC/BE Plastic Surgeon, hand surgery specialty or experience a plus! Join our award-winning, fully integrated health care delivery system. Enjoy the benefits of a highly skilled support staff, working amongst highly trained surgeons including but not limited to: general/trauma surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and much more. Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital is a Comprehensive Stroke Center and an ACS designated Level I Trauma Center with advanced operating and surgery suites, including hybrid operating suites that provide physicians with real-time radiographic capabilities while performing surgery all-in-one surgical suite.
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising of seven hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics, and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
- ACS Designation: Level I Adult Trauma, Level III NICU Facility
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 20 daily cases (average)
- Types of cases include but are not limited to: hand, skin care, trauma, breast reconstruction, and cosmetic
- Typically, 10 rooms in the general OR inclusive of one hybrid room
- Currently, 90% of total cases are adults with less than 10% pediatric cases predominantly in trauma
- Typical work week varies dependent upon schedule; Mondays are surgery days; Tuesdays through Fridays are clinic days (8a - 5p)
- Call: 2 weeks per month
- Support Team: Nurse Practitioner and will add a Medical Assistant depending on volume
- Full sub-specialty support and looking for a candidate that is willing to build a practice with multiple procedures with very little limitations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to incentive-based compensation, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Initial term salary guarantee.
- Paid malpractice and licensure
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth
- Generous PTO + CME during salary guarantee
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available
- Up to $10,000.00 Relocation reimbursement
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries; as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts. Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation and was named in Reader s Digest as one of the top 15 cities in America to relocate to. Rockford is approximately an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI and less than an hour from Madison, WI.
Amanda Rinaldo Hartman, BS, SHRM-CP
Physician Recruiter, Provider Recruitment & Retention
Mercyhealth Rockton Ave Campus
ABOUT JAVON BEA HOSPITAL
Mercyhealth s new state-of-the art specialty hospital and clinic serves the Northern IL region for highly specialized care for infants, children, and adults.
This beautiful, advance campus features:
- Level 1 trauma services
- Adult subspecialty services
- The highest level of neonatal and pediatric services
- State-of-the-art operating and surgery suites, including a hybrid operating room to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and image-guided surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center, with lab, imaging and pharmacy services
- Inpatient dialysis
- Comprehensive cardiac, vascular, peripheral, and neurovascular interventional laboratory
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Japanese Anderson Gardens
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden | Rockford's Living Museum
Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford Illinois
Rockford Park District
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 800 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.