Medical Director Palliative Care - Baltimore, MD
MedStar Health is seeking a full-time Palliative Care Medical Director in Baltimore, MD, to join our expanding team.
The MedStar Health Palliative Care program has an integrated, patient-centric, and interdisciplinary model of care distributed throughout the Baltimore-Washington region. With over 50 team members, MedStar Health has one of the largest palliative care programs in the country.
By joining MedStar Health you will receive many great benefits to include:
- Guaranteed base compensation
- Signing and other bonuses
- CME paid time off and stipend
- Much more!
The goal at MedStar Health is to provide patients with easy access to highly qualified physicians focused on an excellent patient experience, while delivering world-class quality care.
- Be a part of the largest and strongest academic community hospitals in the region
- Ability to care for medically complex patients
- Join a very strong, supportive, experienced team
The candidate will be the on-site Medical Director and enjoy providing clinical care at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. MedStar Franklin Square has a growing interdisciplinary consultation team, including 2 nurse practitioners, 1 pharmacist, and 2 social workers. The position will be 80% clinical and 20% Medical Director.
As a MedStar Palliative Care physician leader, you will:
- Build effective relationships with referring physicians, identify opportunities to improve patient care, and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and clinical policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate best practices and actively engage in teaching other team members and learners in the process.
- Collaborate with others as appropriate to ensure that palliative clinical protocols, utilization review, case management, quality assurance, and compliance programs are implemented according to hospital policies.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.