General Anesthesia, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Cardiothoracic, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics & Regional Anesthesia – Leadership Opportunities Available
About the Position
The University of Kansas School of Medicine is actively recruiting both general anesthesiologists and those with fellowship training in the areas of obstetric, cardiothoracic, neurosurgical, pediatric, critical care, & regional anesthesia to become part of the Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicines’ dynamic, rapidly growing team. You will be joining a collaborative group of anesthesiologists who work to support the departmental mission to deliver the highest quality of care as well as satisfying teaching and academic responsibilities in a fast-paced and diverse clinical practice. The ideal candidate will be ABA-certified or equivalent. The University of Kansas’ Department of Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicine offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a generous retirement plan.
The University of Kansas Hospital
- 1045-bed academic medical center
- Region’s most experienced nationally verified Level I Trauma Center
- Since 2007, recognized among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals
- Consistently earns national recognition for outstanding quality and safety
- Magnet-designated by ANCC since 2006
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center is an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center
- Official healthcare provider for the Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Speedway and T-Mobile Center
- Kansas City metro area has a population of greater than 2 million.
- Awarded America’s 4th Most Cultured City by Travel + Leisure magazine.
- .Nationally ranked public and private educational choices including colleges and universities
- Excellent cost of living with newly remodeled and new build opportunities in a variety of neighborhood settings
- Robust art scene -museums, symphony, ballet, theater, concerts and more.
- Amazing dining – from KC barbeque to local farm-fresh fare and international cuisine.
- Broad sporting events with the Kansas City Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, and NASCAR
- Outdoor activities year-round with more than 600 parks and 24 public lakes
- MCI International Airport to take advantage of vacation and conference travel needs, including numerous direct flights to both coasts daily