Physician Leader, Student Health - UC Davis
- Merritt Hawkins
- Davis, California
- Closing date
- Dec 25, 2022
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
The UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) is seeking a physician leader who is board certified in a primary care specialty for an exciting opportunity as the Primary and Acute Care Medical Provider Manager within their student health center. The incoming leader will supervise a team of primary and acute care providers, overseeing clinical operations and quality of care within SHCS. This leader will have an exciting and transformational opportunity to both shape organizational policies and procedures as well as enhance the delivery of exceptional, inclusive health care to the diverse student body of UC Davis.
- Dedicated administrative time at 40% effort
- Devote 60% effort to clinical care focused on a rewarding patient population
- Manage a team of up to 14 primary care physicians and nurse practitioners
- Great quality of life – no evenings, weekends, or university closures/holidays
- Employed through UC Davis with eligibility for exceptional benefits
- Board-certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and/or Pediatrics
- Five years of clinical practice experience
- Prior supervisory experience of physicians or nurse practitioners preferred
- Experience in college health, sports medicine, gender care, and/or eating disorders is welcome, although not required
Davis, California is one of the most desirable places to live in California and a popular suburb near Sacramento. Davis is one of the most bikeable cities in the country and makes a collective effort towards sustainable living. Residents of Davis enjoy highly rated public schools, a vibrant and diverse college town community, and easy access to Sacramento, Napa, Lake Tahoe, and the San Francisco Bay area.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
8840 Cypress Waters Blvd Suite 300
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert