- Department of Medicine | City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
The Department of Medicine at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the Chief of Dermatology within the City of Hope Enterprise. This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
Join our nationally recognized team of oncology specialists as we seek to hire a full-time clinical-academic leader in dermatology:
- Provide leadership, support quality and safety, lead and maintain clinical excellence and innovation, and develop clinical, administrative, and clinical research activities for our Dermatology Program
- Oversee an expanding portfolio, including graft vs. host disease (GvHD)
- Treatment of early stage cutaneous malignancies and cutaneous complications of chemo and biologic therapies
- Oversee a program of research and treatment of cutaneous complications of cancer therapy
- Relocation assistance available
- Potential for incentive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement plan *with no matching required
- Experience working in an academic medical center or specialty cancer center that delivers both clinical and translational research serving the adult oncologic patient
- Be well versed in the state of cancer care and the latest research and innovations
- Academic record consistent with appointment as Associate Professor or Professor
- The ideal candidate must participate in clinical research and demonstrate a commitment to research as shown by submission of publications and presentations on international and national stages
- Applicants must have a M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent degree, and be Board certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- MGMA competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life, Malpractice, CME allowance, 20 days paid vacation, 3 personal days, 18 sick days, 7 holidays, and 10 CME days
- City of Hope adds 20% of salary to your retirement account (NOT a match you don t contribute a penny) each year; up to IRS max.
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope has been ranked among the nation s Best Hospitals in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 37 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully. City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo: "There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
The City of Hope Environment: We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
- Base salary: $350,000-$500,000
-Sign on bonus: case by case
- Relocation: guaranteed; varies case by case
Sunny Southern California:
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply
The range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.