Provides audiological diagnostic and rehabilitative care to patients.
- Provides standard audiometric battery of tests including air conduction, bone conduction, speech reception threshold, and speech discrimination tests.
- Provides electrophysiologic testing.
- Provides rehabilitative care including counseling, and hearing aid evaluation, orientation, and training.
- Provides consultation and testing for the infant screening program.
- Provides services in aural rehabilitation (i.e., cochlear implants, osseointegrated hearing aids, etc.).
- Provides tinnitus and central auditory processing evaluation and counseling.
- Records procedures and results in patient records; records charges; corresponds with others regarding patients as appropriate.
- Oversees clinical work of Audiology Technicians.
- May supervise graduate students.
- Consults with other departments andmakes referrals as appropriate.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Manager and performs minor equipment repairs.
- Provides in-service training by planning, organizing and participating in community education activities.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Audiologist - Default Issuing BodySkillsRehabilitation Practices/Programs; CommunicationAbout Geisinger
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.