Methodist University's Transplant Institute Seeks a Gastroenterology Transplant Hepatologist
The Transplant Institute offers specialized care for patients, focusing on their individual medical, financial, social, and educational needs. We designed our services with the patient in mind.
Our specialized transplant team strives to improve our transplant patients' quality of life and life expectancy. We seek excellence in patient experience, clinical quality, and safety while pushing the boundaries of transplant science through innovation and research.
As a leader in the field of organ transplantation for more than 40 years, we are pleased to offer excellence in Liver, Kidney, and Pancreas Transplantation, Living Organ Transplantation, Hepatobiliary, and Pancreatic Surgery, Pediatric Transplantation, and Transplant Research.
- Methodist Transplant Institute seeks a full-time Transplant Hepatologist to join our dynamic practice and team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing exceptional patient care alongside our three Hepatologists and s advanced practice providers. It would be suitable for someone in academics seeking academic potential within a strong, clinically focused program. The ideal candidate would also be looking for a balanced work and lifestyle schedule that includes city living.
- Although patient care is our primary focus, education and research are encouraged and supported with access to dedicated research professionals, including a statistician, research manager, and research coordinators.
- Academic appointments and educational opportunities are available through the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Our practice is located in the heart of Memphis, TN
- The incumbent may qualify for a directorship position
- Outpatient service is Two Half Days per week for Non-Transplant Hepatology and One-Half Day per week Pre-Transplant Clinic
- All clinics are onsite at Primary Hospital.
- Call coverage is 1:4 weekends for Hepatology only for a single hospital with a Fellow who is also on call
This position is best suited to a mid-career transplant-focused hepatologist seeking a well-compensated clinical position with academic opportunities and, most importantly, seeking a balanced lifestyle.
- Applicants must have completed an ACGME-approved resident program in Internal Medicine, be Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- The ideal candidate will have completed an American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
- Preference will be given to those with experience in clinical care at a liver transplant program and sufficient training to qualify as a UNOS primary physician of a liver transplant program.
- Additional preference will be given to those with previous experience or education in medical administration and those who have Clinical Research experience
- As part of involvement with Methodist Transplant Institute's Hepatology and Liver Transplant Services, this physician's primary duty will be to provide timely patient care services by delivering outpatient clinic coverage with a mix of new and established patients; rendering endoscopy services such as ERCP (if so trained) on pre- and post-transplant patients; not exceed an on-call schedule greater than one in three weekends on inpatient services. Participating in interdisciplinary rounds and attending program-associated conferences/meetings; collaborating with the transplant team physicians to ensure twenty-four-hour coverage of the service; and rendering consultative services to referring physicians during clinic business hours, either in person or by phone.
- The service includes three advanced practice providers to assist in the delivery of care and to extend the ability of the physicians to achieve their mission
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Completion of a fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
- Unrestricted Tennessee MD or DO license or the ability to obtain an unrestricted license
- U.S. ACGME Residency
- Generous salary
- Full Methodist benefits package
- Relocation assistance provided
- A 501c3 company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.