Academic Chair of Medicine—Coastal Shore Living – Charm of Providence Rhode Island
Roger Williams Medical Center, an academic medical center affiliated with Boston University School of Medicine, welcomes a practicing Internal Medicine/physician specialist to apply for this dynamic Chair of Medicine opportunity working for a prominent academic hospital located in picturesque and culturally rich environment in Providence, Rhode Island. Roger Williams Medical Center seeks a physician with a passion to lead the Medicine Department as Chair; providing superior and passionate clinical oversight with a desire to grow and expand programs committed to our patients, families, community, and fellow care teams. In this exciting role, the successful applicant will provide strategic direction, clinical teaching, supervision of our robust research, and administration of the department operations for Roger Williams Medical Center.
- Collaborate with other clinical departments, affiliates, systemwide leaders to develop and enhance quality care within our service lines. This is an opportunity to utilize your leadership skills to support engagement and retention of our valued medical staff.
- Execute a strategy for ongoing success and future planning including program development.
- Partner and collaborate with physicians within the system and community physician outreach.
- Demonstrate qualities of effective listening, communication, team building, collaboration, and conflict management.
- Oversee all activities related to the Roger Williams Medical Center medicine teaching program including internship residency and fellowship programs within the Department of Medicine.
- Foster on-going education of medical students, residents, and attending physicians promoting the highest quality of medical care.
- Participates in best clinical care practice, evidence-based medicine, and modeling excellence in care with attention to patient outcomes.
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation assistance available
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off
- Generous comprehensive CME financial allowance and professional time
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or a specialty within the Department of Medicine
- 8+ years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in administrative experience preferred
- Rhode Island licensed and Rhode Island Federal DEA (or soon eligible)
Roger Williams Medical Center is a respected community-hospital leader in academic research. Its academic program, which precepts internal medicine students from Boston University, has an exceptional transition rate from internal medicine to fellowship. Roger Williams Medical provides patients with seamless access to a vast range of stellar physician specialists, outpatient, acute care, as well as specialized cancer care, geriatric health, surgical, rehabilitation, and home care services. RWMC is an affiliate of CharterCARE Health Partners and Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK
New England’s best kept secret, Rhode Island boasts the magnificent natural beauty, is abundant in recreational opportunities, vibrant cultural arts, plus a cost of living that’s a fraction of nearby Boston and New York City. The area is populated by highly desirable, quaint family-oriented towns anchored by exemplary high-performance school systems, some of which are the best in New England. For those who enjoy city life, Providence provides theater, music, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston; New York City; Cape Cod, Massachusetts; and the tranquil mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. It is an ideal location that makes it easy to escape to premier attractions such as Narragansett Bay, miles of beautiful beaches, and seaports like Newport and Watch Hill. Whether it is rural, suburban, or urban life you desire, you will find it here.
Please email your CV to email@example.com or feel free to call Nicole Ricci for added job details at 401-484-4490.