ID#: 1341767 Hiring Department:
Research Job Type:
Full TimeThe Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health
(CEVR) seeks a faculty researcher
to be a member of the Special and Scientific Staff at Tufts Medical Center in Boston
. This position will hold an academic appointment at the Tufts University School of Medicine. Why Join Our Team:
CEVR, which is part of Tufts Medical Center's Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, is one of the most well-known health economics groups in the world and includes seven faculty and an experienced research and support staff. Our Institute provides a supportive academic environment for original research and teaching and ample opportunities for collaborations and leadership roles. Opportunities exist for teaching graduate courses at the Tufts School of Medicine and Tufts School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences in the areas of health economics and health services research, and mentoring fellows and students.Who You are:
• Possess a PhD in health policy and management, health economics, health services research, or a related field, or MD/clinical doctorate with additional methods training.
• Background in population health, health services research, health economics, decision science, epidemiology, or cost-effectiveness analysis.
• Research addressing questions about the value stakeholders place on health improvements, the impact of interventions on health, how value assessment affects resource allocation decisions, or the appropriateness of methodologies in the field.
• Demonstrated funding, publication and presentation record of accomplishment.
• A focus on high impact, policy-relevant issues is desirable. Topics could include: the impact of innovation on clinical outcomes and treatment costs, how cost-effectiveness analysis findings might influence payer reimbursement decisions, how different stakeholders assess health care technology value ("value frameworks"), how frameworks might influence payer reimbursement, whether those frameworks might make health care resource allocation more efficient, and how global health care resources might be more efficiently allocated using cost-effectiveness analysis.Employees of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MAHow to apply:
You can apply for this position via the apply button located at the top of this listing. Applications should include a cover letter with a statement of current and future research interests, a curriculum vitae, and contacts of four references.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ian McCarthy, Senior Provider Recruiter, at Ian.Mccarthy@tuftsmedicine.org. Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization DEI and Social Responsibility Statement:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Tufts University Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research, and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally, and globally. Tufts University also prides itself on creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Current and prospective employees of the University are expected to have, and continuously develop, skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. See the University's Non-Discrimination statement and policy here https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/