St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a passionate BC/BE Pediatric General Surgeon to join us and contribute to the growth of our rapidly developing Pediatric Surgery program!
St. Luke’s pediatrics department is growing and expanding our offering of services. We are seeking providers who are innovative and excited by growth and new opportunities.
If you are excited by the prospect of working with experienced pediatric surgeons to build and shape a new surgical division in a supportive environment, we look forward to speaking with you!
To learn more about our Pediatrics program, please visit https://www.slhn.org/pediatrics
- Large referral base from the Department of Pediatrics comprised of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations throughout the region, including at the St. Luke’s Pediatric Specialty Center, the region’s first and only freestanding facility dedicated entirely to pediatric care.
- St. Luke’s University Hospital – Bethlehem Campus, is now a proud member of the Children’s Hospital Association, representing the Network’s investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The surgical program receives support from strong OR resources including pediatric anesthesiology (MDs and CRNAs), pediatric minimally invasive equipment and appropriate block time.
- All pediatric and neonatal surgery occurs at St. Luke’s Bethlehem campus which is also home to a newly renovated 17-bed inpatient pediatric unit staffed 24/7 by pediatric hospitalists, an 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care unit staffed 24/7 by pediatric intensivists and a Level III Surgical NICU for all neonatal surgeries staffed 24/7 by neonatologists. The Network also has an 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Upper Bucks Campus.
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery!
- Growing OB department with nearly 5,000 deliveries per year. Strong MFM division as referral base for fetal anomalies/neonatal surgery.
- Teaching and research opportunities with our well-established General Surgery residency program, medical school and affiliation with Temple University, and opportunity to work with the newly established Pediatric residency program.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities