Geisinger is seeking a BC/BE Medical Oncologist to join a well-established cancer program at Geisinger Medical Center Knapper Clinic in Danville, PA.
Geisinger offers a unique opportunity for early career and experienced hematology oncology physicians to develop their career and be a part of a well-established and growing physician-led organization. Our providers are part of collaborative team working with surgical oncology, palliative medicine, radiation oncology, pathology, diagnostic radiology, and behavioral medicine to deliver quality cancer care to our patients.
As a physician-led organization, the Geisinger community strives to innovate and lead in cancer care, medical education, research, and administration.
Geisinger has an exciting intellectual environment including the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, more than 50 graduate medical education programs and hematology/oncology as well as palliative medicine fellowship programs. The health system has been awarded NCI-NCORP designation and is committed to cancer clinical trial participation. The medical school is a leader in innovative education, with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experiences, and community engagement.
Our providers work with fellows and residents to train the next generation of hematology and oncology physicians while also having the opportunity to get involved in Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, a leading education program with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experience, and community engagement.
Our patients contribute to the MyCode Community Health Initiative with >275,000 patient genomes sequenced for research and real-time clinical applications. Providers interested in clinical or informatics research collaborate within Geisinger and across organizations to benefit our patients and the scientific community
Location: Living in central PA offers convenient community living, a balanced professional career, and proximity to New York City, Harrisburg and Philadelphia.
We are proud of the support and opportunities we provide:
- Highly competitive, straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
- Relocation assistance
- Recruitment loan/sign-on bonus
- Medical school loan reimbursement
- Geography stipend available at select locations
- Monthly fellowship stipend available upon offer acceptance
- CME reimbursement and up to 15 days off/calendar year
- Comprehensive benefits package, including malpractice, tail coverage & retirement
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity for career growth and for faculty position in Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Ability to enroll patient on clinical trials
- Become part of a physician-led organization that supports work/life balance
- Chance to care for patients in the comfort of their communities
- Fully integrated electronic health record (EPIC)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Patient Care And Procedural Skills, Professional Etiquette, Systems-Based Practice
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.