Geisinger Community Medicine is seeking board certified/board eligible experienced family medicine trained physician for an outpatient primary care opportunity in beautiful Mt Pleasant, PA.
Why Join Geisinger?
Click here to learn how our innovative and collaborative approach to care gives physicians the tools they need to do what they do best provide exceptional care.
- Base salary model Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive $100k incentive paid after start.
- Medical school loan repayment $150k paid in 4 installments.
- Residency/Fellowship stipend $2,500 per month available up to 18 months prior to graduation.
- Geography stipend $10k/year for Tunkhannock and $20k/year at Kulpmont - guaranteed for two years after which time the stipend is evaluated for continuance
- Continuing medical education 15 working days and $3,500 annually.
- Teaching/Research: Geisinger has an exciting intellectual environment highlighted by our four primary care residency programs, including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. The medical school is a leader in innovative education, with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experiences and community engagement. The research division supports >50 full-time faculty and >30 clinician scientists with expertise across a wide array of research areas, including informatics, data science, precision health, genomics, implementation science, outcomes research, bioethics, and clinical trials.
- Benefits Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation, and more!
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of PennsylvaniaSkillsPatient Care And Procedural Skills; Systems-Based Practice; Professional EtiquetteAbout Geisinger
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.