HCA Midwest Health, based in Kansas City, is seeking a GME Program Director for a new, start-up internal medicine residency program.Qualified Candidates:
- Seeking either Internal Medicine or Pulmonary Critical Care trained leader
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of faculty experience in an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency program
- Oversee a combination of administrative and diagnostic teaching
- Ideal candidate will have strong administrative and team building skills coupled with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ideal candidate will be passionate about leading a new program and building a team of dynamic core faculty
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity are highly encouraged to apply including: peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educational organizations
- Board certification is required in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM)
- Aside from GME duties, clinical duties are entirely inpatient focused with remaining core faculty supporting resident education in continuity clinic
About Centerpoint Medical Center:
- Highly competitive compensation in KC metro area
- 401K with employer match
- Medical and malpractice insurances provided
- HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 200 programs across 21 specialties, 43 hospitals, and 14 states, HCA GME is building the leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education communities.
- Centerpoint Medical Center features 285+ private rooms, 440+ physicians on the medical staff, a strong complement of subspecialists, and 1300+ staff.
- Centerpoint Medical Center is unlike any other hospital in eastern Jackson County. Our campus includes the latest healthcare technology and offers innovative programs and services for patients and their families.
- The medical center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- Hospital & ER features include the only Level II Trauma Center in eastern Jackson County; an accredited chest pain center and variety of cardiovascular services; orthopedic services including total joint and sports medicine; stroke center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification; women s services; among many others.
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarter giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark, and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.