UT Tyler Health Science Center seeks Academic Psychiatry Chair in BEAUTIFUL East Texas!
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Track record of effective leadership, including experience and success in research, education, and clinical administration
• Success in building, expanding and elevating programs with vision and collaborative team spirit.
• Ability to develop and implement new programs.
• Knowledge of creating and managing
• Paid Medical Insurance Premiums
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Competitive Retirement Plans
• Professional Development Fund
• Reimbursement for TX Medical License Registration
• Fee exempt status for DEA License
• County Medical Society Membership
• Texas Medical Association Dues Reimbursement
• Medical Liability Coverage: No tail coverage policy needed
• Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, University Holidays, CME Time, Sick Time
Major Responsibilities / Duties:
• Support and contribute to the mission of the School
• Recruit, engage, and/or sustain a qualified faculty for the Department as determined by available resources and with advice and consent of the Dean and health system leaders.
• Conduct required faculty reviews
• Provide oversight, in conjunction with the Department of Medical Education leadership, for the educational programs and leaders (e.g., Program Directors, Clerkship Directors, etc.) within the department.
• Supporting the faculty counseling and faculty grievance and appeals processes related to mission area
• Support the faculty throughout their careers as educators, scientists, health care providers and academic leaders
• Employ a strong understanding of social determinants of health as it related to members of the department and the region’s patient care population.
• Serving as consultant on issues related to the specialty focus of the Department
• Providing and administering teaching and education to residents, graduate students, staff and other participants in departmental educational programs through lectures, didactics, and supervision in practicum settings
Community Information: www.VisitTyler.com
• Population of over 100,000 (233,00 in the Tyler metropolitan area)
• Outstanding area public and private schools
• Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
• Affordable housing and low cost of living
• Various lifestyle choices– lake front, historical homes, modern, rural
• No State Income Tax
UT Tyler Health Science Center: https://www.uthct.edu/
UT Tyler School of Medicine: https://medicine.uttyler.edu/
To apply: Please email your CV to Megan Akkerman, Physician Recruiter at Megan.Akkerman@uthct.edu
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the University will, in accordance with State and Federal law and regulations, provide equal opportunity in all employment related activities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual preference, or status as a disabled
veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam Era.