St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Director of Gynecologic Oncology Clinical Research. We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader with proven accomplishments as an academic physician. The ideal candidate will have extensive clinical expertise and be a recognized clinical researcher with a track record of building teams and fostering collaboration. We are looking for an energetic and engaged candidate to join our team by embracing the Cancer Center s tripartite mission of clinical care, patient-centric research, and medical education (medical students, residents, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellows, and Gynecologic Oncology fellows).
Successful candidates will serve as a leader and champion to identify research opportunities and develop research endeavors for the Division of Gynecologic Oncology. Responsibilities will include identifying, mobilizing, leading, and launching specific research initiatives including clinical trial development as a scholarly resource and/or revenue source, overseeing submission of abstracts to national and internal conferences, and developing a successful pathway towards publication of research findings. This position will be 50% administrative/research and 50% clinical with multiple opportunities for institutional advancement.
About St. Luke s Cancer Center and the Section of Gynecologic Oncology
- St. Luke s Cancer Center provides care to a catchment area of >1.5 million individuals across 8 counties in Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey. Our specialists care for >5,000 new patients per year. Clinical services are provided across 12 hospitals, 9 outpatient centers with 9 infusion and 4 radiotherapy centers.
- St. Luke s Cancer Center s Section of Gynecologic Oncology has a long-standing tradition of delivering cutting-edge clinical care. The Section currently consists of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners.
- St. Luke s Cancer Center has newly ACGME-accredited Fellowships in Hematology / Oncology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- St. Luke s Cancer Center multidisciplinary team is comprised of specially trained individuals including genetic counselors, patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups.
- Recently, St. Luke s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities