UPMC Altoona is recruiting a Trauma and Emergency General Surgeon physician for their hospital in Altoona, PA. Join an expanding group of four Trauma Surgeons and eight Advanced Providers. Must have an MD or equivalent, be fellowship trained in Trauma/Acute Care surgery and board certified in General and Surgical Critical Care, ATLS, CPR and PALS certified with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J1 and H1B candidates are welcome to apply.
- Average of 16, 12 hour shifts per month and 5-6 back up call shifts per month
- Advanced Practice provider coverage 24/7
- Over 1,700 trauma patients evaluated/year
- Over 900 EGS consults/year
- ED volume: 78,000/year
- Cerner EMR
- J1 and H1B visa opportunity
- 12 bed ICU
- Well established program with strong APP program
- Collaborative team that serves over 1 million in central PA
What we Offer
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- $4,000 CME allowance
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, life, vision and disability insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center.
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis and pickle ball courts right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive no rush hour traffic, no parking fees
For immediate consideration, please send your CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org