Join a dynamic neurology team of stroke neurologists, neuro-hospitalists, interventional neurologists and neurosurgeon as a general, outpatient neurologist. Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible or board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. 2024 J1 visa sponsorship available.
- Ability to build and grow a subspecialty
- Ability to have autonomy and decision making with a supportive and collegial group
- Works collaboratively with our neuro-intervention/stroke department
- The practice sees a mix of pathology that includes movement disorders, headaches, epilepsy, stroke, cognitive disorders, neuro-muscular disorders and sleep disorders.
- Your panel of patients will be filled immediately from a robust referral network from the surrounding 6 counties.
- Work Monday - Friday with shared practice call. A team of neuro-hospitalists currently covers all inpatient care and hospital call.
- Our clinic is located 1-1/2 miles from the hospital in a medical mall which also houses a sleep lab, EEG and EMG lab, medical lab, radiology and rehab services, as well as many primary and specialty physician offices.
- Our current providers read both EMGs and EEGs.
- The hospital's accredited Primary Stroke Center recently earned the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Certification from The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Clinical appointment
- EPIC EMR
What we Offer
- $35K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance plus five days
- Twenty days PTO plus seven holidays
- Competitive base salary plus RVU bonus commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- As an outpatient neurologist, you can choose to live in the Altoona/Hollidaysburg area or State College (hometown of Penn State University's main campus). Both communities offer safe and enriching environments to enjoy work/life balance
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including theatre, symphony, minor league baseball, transportation history, festivals, Big10 sports and national touring performing artists
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis and pickle ball courts right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive no rush hour traffic, no parking fees
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, email@example.com
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life because we believe that you re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.