Department of Pediatrics
Assistant Professor Pediatrics
About the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine
Located within the Las Vegas Medical District, the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV graduated its first class of students in May of 2021. Fully accredited, the school currently has 240 medical students, 150 faculty physicians, and more than 300 medical residents and fellows. With a new medical education building opening in 2022, including state-of-the-art medical classrooms and simulation center, the school continues to grow.
With a group practice, UNLV Health, which provides care to more than 10,000 patients per month in its 17 primary care and specialty care clinics, and its partner hospitals, the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV is transforming healthcare in Southern Nevada.
The Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV, Department of Pediatrics is seeking a full-time pediatric faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor to join its Section of General Academic Pediatrics.
The successful candidate must demonstrate solid clinical, teaching and leadership skills, have excellent interpersonal skills, be team oriented, and embrace educational innovation. This role will be centered around the primary care clinical setting as well as coverage of the New Born Nursery.
Clinical care will be provided at area hospitals to include Sunrise/Children's Hospital, UMC/Children's Hospital and others as assigned. Outpatient clinical care will be provided at the UNLV Medicine Faculty Practice plan clinic(s). Additional administrative responsibilities may include participation on hospital, departmental and university committees, and pediatric outreach activities/advocacy. This is a non-tenure, non-tenure track position.
• This position requires an MD, or DO, from an accredited institution
• Be Board Certified in Pediatrics
• Must obtain an unrestricted Nevada Medical license prior to start date of employment
• Must have malpractice insurance
• Must be able to be successfully credentialed by Southern Nevada teaching hospitals and clinics
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT UNLV
• Generous compensation packages, separate paid time off for annual and sick leave, and holidays
• Excellent health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
• No state income tax
• Tuition discounts at Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) schools
• Tuition discounts for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents
• Personal and professional development opportunities
• UNLV athletics ticket discounts
• Employee discount at UNLV's Student Wellness Recreation Center
• Statewide employee purchase program discounts
• RebelCard discounts on and off campus
If interested, please apply to the link below:
For assistance with the application process, please contact UNLV Human Resources at (702) 895-3504 or UNLVJobs@unlv.edu. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency