Northern Light Acadia Hospital in Bangor, Maine is seeking a full-time board-certified/board-eligible Psychiatrist to join our diverse Adult Inpatient team. We currently have opportunities to work on the adult observation or inpatient units in our hospital.
In these positions, you will join one of New England’s most comprehensive, technologically advanced freestanding psychiatric facilities!
- Lead an interdisciplinary team responsible for providing psychiatric care and teaching on the adult inpatient service Oversee the diagnostic process and the formulation and implementation of treatment plans; ensure therapies and activities provided are consistent with treatment plan objectives Become eligible for a clinical faculty position at the University of New England School of Osteopathic Medicine. Full-time on-site position, with a schedule of Monday-Friday Additional compensation given for regular on-call weekend and holiday coverage Call taken on rotation with members of the medical staff, occurring approximately every 8 weeks Solid clinical, teaching, and leadership skills desired
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a regional, acute care psychiatric hospital that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to statewide emergency departments. We offer innovative programming in behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, a Mood and Memory Clinic, intensive outpatient treatment, ECT, Ketamine, and an inpatient psychiatric treatment and observation unit. We are the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare, which offers a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services throughout Maine.
Why Choose Northern Light Acadia Hospital?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement program – receive $1,000/month for duration of employment
- Generous sign-on and relocation bonuses
- Ability to accommodate special interests
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Leadership and teaching opportunities