ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Heart and Vascular Care-Kinston is seeking a board certified or board eligible non-invasive General Cardiologist to join two cardiologists in an established practice in Kinston, NC. Fellowship training required.
Kinston, NC is located 35 miles south of Greenville, NC (population 92,000) and 70 miles northwest of NC’s Crystal Coast.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at UNC - Lenoir Hospital
- Join a growing 9 hospital healthcare system
- Full clinical support by ECU Health Heart and Vascular Care Program
- Inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Large primary care and specialist referral network
- Monday – Friday clinic schedule
- Call is 1:5
- Clinical responsibilities include: non-invasive procedures (TEEs, ECHOs, EEGs, Vascular Ultrasound, CT scans and X-rays), inpatient rounding and consults, supervision of stress tests, new and follow-up patients
- Competitive salary and benefits including relocation
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
A rich history, temperate climate, and relaxed lifestyle combine to make Kinston an appealing city to call home. Downtown Kinston is known for an interesting array of shops, breweries and restaurants. Kinston has invested mightily in its economy. As a result, Kinston’s art and cultural district is experiencing a transformation making it an exciting place to live.
- Kinston is strategically located in eastern North Carolina; only 30 miles south of Greenville, 60 miles west of the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches, and 80 miles southeast of Raleigh
- Affordable cost of living with a variety of housing options
- Excellent school options
- Family friendly community
- Home to world renowned chef, New York Times Best Selling Author, Daytime Emmy winner, James Beard Foundation Award recipient and star of A Chef’s Life, Vivian Howard. Her flagship restaurants, Chef and The Farmer.
- Home to minor league baseball team, the Down East Wood Ducks
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Denise Owens at (252)258-3875 or Denise.Owens@Vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.