ID#: 1144118 Hiring Department:
Radiology Job Type:
Full TimeCommonwealth Radiology Associates at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine
The position you've been waiting for. Join the first-in-the-market hybrid radiology practice model where our radiologists enjoy the benefits of:
About the role:
- An academic career with a private practice benefits package.
- A practice environment that has a priority on work-life balance and flexibility.
- Ownership in imaging centers and office-based labs (OBLs)
- Work 100% at an academic medical center. Options to rotate in the community are also available.
In partnership with Commonwealth Radiology Associates, the Chest Imaging section of the Department of Radiology at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine seek a Chest/Cardiothoracic Imager
for a full-time faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. The Chest/Cardiothoracic Imager
will work with the Division Chief to support the clinical, education, and research missions of the section and the department as we seek to improve health and patient care throughout Boston and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Chest Imaging section interprets CT, MRI, ultrasound, and plain film radiographs and actively supports a multidisciplinary sarcoid clinic, interstitial lung disease clinic, lung nodule clinic, and thoracic oncology and oversees the low dose lung cancer screening program.Facilities and equipment are state-of-the-art and include:
- A first-of-its-kind 3.0 Tesla MRI with ultrafast MR imaging informed by deep learning (AI) reconstructions, an additional 3.0 Tesla magnet, and a new 1.5 Tesla MR.
- Two dual-source, dual-energy Siemens Force CT scanners.
- One AS 64 with an IR guidance package.
The ideal candidate will provide high-quality clinical service, be actively engaged in teaching residents, fellows, and medical students, and participate in quality improvement and/or value initiatives. Interests in research or scholarly interdepartmental collaborations are encouraged and supported by institutional resources, mentorship, and academic time. The academic appointment will be at a rank commensurate with training and experience. We believe in diversity, inclusive leadership, and supportive mentorship as well as the importance of life-work integration and physician wellness.How you will transform patient care:
- You will help train the diagnostic radiology residents, teach medical students, give conferences, and have academic time to support research initiatives within the division.
- You will join a radiology department that actively supports our academic mission, multi-specialty collaboration, and fosters mentorship of junior faculty.
- You can be part of the efforts led by the new Chair to develop novel MR technology and Artificial Intelligence applications in radiology, from diagnosis and treatment management to operational efficiency.
About the organization:
- Candidates must hold an M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree.
- Board eligibility/Board certification by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or AOBR.
- Medical licensure or eligibility in Massachusetts.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally-known Level I Trauma Center in downtown Boston. It is the academic flagship of Tufts Medicine, a healthcare network that includes community hospitals at multiple locations across the greater Boston area.
The Department of Radiology at Tufts Medical Center has built a first-in-the-market integrated partnership with Commonwealth Radiology Associates, the state's largest and most sophisticated private practice. Our faculty members are actively engaged in resident and medical student education. They serve as the clinical faculty for the ACGME Diagnostic Radiology and Fellowship programs at Tufts University School of Medicine. Our physicians have guaranteed protected time for scholarly activity and the opportunity to collaborate with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Translational Data Science Institute at Tufts University.
Living in the Boston area affords residents the unique New England experience with the vibrancy and energy of some of the world's most distinguished colleges and universities. This area offers world-class restaurants, extensive culture, and some of the oldest historic venues in the country. It also provides easy access to year-round outdoor activities with proximity to Cape Cod, Maine, and the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont.
Commonwealth Radiology Associates, Tufts Medical Center, and Tufts University School of Medicine are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and service.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.