ID#: 1144191 Hiring Department:
Radiology Job Type:
Full TimeCommonwealth Radiology Associates at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine
The position you've been waiting for. Join the first-in-the-market hybrid radiology practice model where our radiologists enjoy the benefits of:
About the role:
- An academic career with a private practice benefits package.
- A practice environment that has a priority on work-life balance and flexibility.
- Ownership in imaging centers and office-based labs (OBLs)
- Work 100% at an academic medical center. Options to rotate in the community are also available.
In partnership with Commonwealth Radiology Associates, the Department of Radiology at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine seek an Interventional Radiologist
for a full-time faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. The Interventional Radiologist
will work with the Division Chief to support the clinical, education, and research missions of the section and the department as we seek to improve health and patient care throughout Boston and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
We are a subspecialized, dynamic department with a diverse practice, including interventional oncology, a growing liver and renal transplant service, percutaneous drainage and biopsy, dialysis access, advanced venous interventions, and trauma angiography. In addition, the IR division maintains a peripheral arterial practice and participates in aortic aneurysm treatment, both in the planning and in the insertion of thoracic and abdominal aortic endografts, while continuing to participate in peripheral arterial interventions. The IR radiologists are active stakeholders in the Cardiovascular Center at Tufts Medical Center and have an amicable, strong relationship with Trauma Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Cardiology, and Cardiothoracic Surgery. Facilities and equipment are state-of-the-art and include:
- A first-of-its-kind 3.0 Tesla MRI with ultrafast MR imaging informed by deep learning (AI) reconstructions, an additional 3.0 Tesla magnet, and a new 1.5 Tesla MR.
- Two dual-source, dual-energy Siemens Force CT scanners.
- One AS 64 with an IR guidance package.
The ideal candidate will provide high-quality clinical service, be actively engaged in teaching residents, fellows, and medical students, and participate in quality improvement and/or value initiatives. Interests in research or scholarly interdepartmental collaborations are encouraged and supported by institutional resources, mentorship, and academic time. The academic appointment will be at a rank commensurate with training and experience. We believe in diversity, inclusive leadership, and supportive mentorship as well as the importance of life-work integration and physician wellness. How you will transform patient care:
- You will be part of an active clinical practice with existing and growing APP support to run an outpatient clinic and an admitting service.
- You will help in the current ESIR program with residents rotating through Intensive Care and Vascular Surgery and will help us as we transition to an IR/DR Residency.
- You will be involved in the education of Vascular Surgical fellows as part of the integration with the Cardiovascular Center at Tufts Medical Center.
- You will help train the diagnostic radiology residents, give conferences, and be given academic time to support projects and initiatives in IR.
- You will have full-time access to use two modern single plane labs, part-time access to a bi-plane lab, and shared use of a hybrid OR. The section owns several ultrasound machines, and there is a dedicated procedural CT scanner with CT-fluoroscopy.
- You will have the option of reading coronary CTA and cardiac MRI.
- You will join a radiology department that actively supports our academic mission, multi-specialty collaboration, and fosters mentorship of junior faculty.
- You can be part of efforts led by the new Chair to develop Artificial Intelligence applications in radiology, from diagnosis and treatment management to operational efficiency.
About the organization:
- Candidates must hold an M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree.
- Board eligibility/Board certification by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or AOBR.
- Medical licensure or eligibility in Massachusetts.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally-known Level I Trauma Center in downtown Boston. It is the academic flagship of Tufts Medicine, a healthcare network that includes community hospitals at multiple locations across the greater Boston area.The Department of Radiology at Tufts Medical Center has built a first-in-the-market integrated partnership with Commonwealth Radiology Associates, the state's largest and most sophisticated private practice. Our faculty members are actively engaged in resident and medical student education. They serve as the clinical faculty for the ACGME Diagnostic Radiology and Fellowship programs at Tufts University School of Medicine. Our physicians have guaranteed protected time for scholarly activity and the opportunity to collaborate with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Translational Data Science Institute at Tufts University.
Living in the Boston area affords residents the unique New England experience with the vibrancy and energy of some of the world's most distinguished colleges and universities. This area offers world-class restaurants, extensive culture, and some of the oldest historic venues in the country. It also provides easy access to year-round outdoor activities with proximity to Cape Cod, Maine, and the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont.
Commonwealth Radiology Associates, Tufts Medical Center, and Tufts University School of Medicine are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and service. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.