Located in sunny Phoenix, Dignity Health Medical Group Pediatrics is a major teaching site for Creighton University School of Medicine medical students, Creighton Alliance Family Medicine residents and Phoenix Children s Hospital Pediatric Residency Program residents. Our practice setting is a stimulating place to work and because we are focused on growth and improved excellence.
Our practice is committed to advancing the holistic health care of infants, children, and adolescents through innovative medical care, research, education, training, and advocacy. We are recruiting a Clinician Educator as a(n) Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. Academic rank and line will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate with Creighton University School of Medicine.
We expect the successful candidate to participate primarily in the care of patients under the care of Dignity Health Medical Group s Pediatric practice in the outpatient and inpatient newborn settings. The patient population served includes a significant percentage of non-English language-only patients. The successful candidate will be involved in formal and informal teaching of residents, medical students and other graduate students.
Successful candidates should have an MD or equivalent degree with board eligibility or board certification in American Board of Pediatrics and have medical licensure in Arizona by the starting date.
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2022 and accepted until the position is filled.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of clinical experience and be enthusiastic to lead innovations in medical education and healthcare delivery in the newborn, general pediatric clinic and continuity clinic setting.
- Education and clinical oversight of learners in general clinic, continuity clinic,and newborn nursery. Activities include but are not limited to: care of patients, teaching and supervising learners, performing medical student and resident assessments, feedback and written evaluations, oversight of education and quality improvement activities and clinic performance metrics, maintenance of an educational environment conducive to educating medical students and residents in both LCME and ACGME competency areas.
- Oversees, prepares and presents ambulatory didactic curriculum.
- Support for administrative, strategic and operational planning for the clinic in collaboration with residency and clinical leadership.
- Serve roles as Mentor and Faculty Advisor
- Participation on clinical, quality, administrative and medical education committees
- May have roles as Core Faculty and Advisor, support and maintain residency program curricula.
- Opportunities to collaborate and/or lead efforts related to community health and advocacy training within the teaching programs.
- Clinical time in general pediatrics.
Additional expectations include:
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Dignity Health Medical Group, Common Spirit, Creighton University School of Medicine, and the Phoenix Children s Alliance Pediatric Residency Program.
- Promotes a culture of innovation and commitment to academic growth.
- Promotes a culture of excellence, health equity, inclusiveness, and positivity in the clinical learning environment.
- Promotes recruitment and development of a diverse leadership team, core faculty, and trainee cohort.
- Provides effective leadership and mentorship to trainees.
- Demonstrates clinical excellence
- Actively and regularly participates in designated committees and meetings.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and professionalism.