UNC Health Southeastern in Lumberton, NC seeks a General Cardiologist to join our community-based practice of Cardiologist, Interventional Cardiologist and Cardiovascular Surgeons, and APPs. Find professional and personal joy in your career, making a difference with an underserved and diverse patient population in our progressive health system.
RECOGNIZED FOR HIGH QUALITY
UNC Health Southeastern earned these distinctions from the American College of Cardiology:
- Chest Pain
- MI Registry
- Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2021 because we follow high, nationwide standards for care of heart attack
- Top rating of four stars in 2020 for giving patients the right medications after angioplasty, a treatment for heart attack and clogged heart arteries
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Research potential
- 1:4 general call
- Cardiac Cath Lab, Coronary and Peripheral Diagnostic and Therapeutic Interventions, including 24X7 STEMI coverage
- Dedicated EP Lab to support catheter ablation and device implantation
- Cardiovascular Imaging- echo, PVRs, carotids, arterial duplex, exercise and dobutamine stress testing
- Vein Clinic
- Ambulatory cardiac monitoring
- Pacemaker and ICD Clinic
- Medical Cardiology including CHF
- CVICU and dedicated cardiology Progressive
- Beautiful 12,000 sq. ft clinic and a 30,000 sq ft Heart Center
- Licensed DO/MD in NC or eligible
- BC/BE in Cardiology
- Good communication skills
- Must meet criteria for medical staff credentials at UNC Health Southeastern
Located in Robeson County, Lumberton, North Carolina is ideally located on I-95 just 20 minutes north of the South Carolina border. Lumberton is one-and-a-half hours from Raleigh and two-and-a-half hours from Charlotte. Popular beach cities, such as Myrtle Beach, are an hour away! The city is full of history, culture and fun. Hike or bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown, canoe down the Lumber River and enjoy the local festivals and downtown events. ABOUT US UNC Health Southeastern is a non-profit, comprehensive health care system, with a market draw of 175K. Southeastern Health is licensed for 452 beds which offers a combination of acute care, intensive care and psychiatric services to more than 15,000 inpatients and 61,000 emergency patients annually.
The Southeastern Health Heart Center is a 30,000 sq. ft. facility located on the hospital?s main campus, with 100+ heart surgeries annually. Our health system that is proud to have a large group of medical UNC Health is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system committed to delivering state-of-the-art health care and outstanding service to patients. North Carolina?s largest academic health system, we proactively focus on healthy-based, personalized care while we change the course of people?s lives. Headquartered in Chapel Hill and affiliated with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Health is composed of 12 hospitals and hundreds of clinic locations from Hendersonville to Jacksonville.
To inquire about this opportunity, please contact: Cindy Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.