Geriatrician, Assistant or Associate Professor
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Closing date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Geriatrics, Hospice / Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Assistant Professor, Geriatric Medicine - Norfolk, VA
The Glennan Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) is seeking a full-time clinician-educator to join a superb group of Geriatricians and Palliative Medicine Physicians. EVMS is proud to be built by the community for the community.
- Work with our group of physicians and advance practice providers across our academic medical center and community facilities.
- Expand the clinical programs to support our growth in inpatient, outpatient, and telehealth settings
- Collaborate with other community partners to provide geriatrics expertise
- Oversee the educational activities for students, residents, and fellows.
- Numerous collaborations in research and service with other EVMS Departments, colleges, universities, and community-based programs
- Board-certified or board-eligible, fellowship trained in Geriatric Medicine
- Willingness to provide education of Fellows, Residents, medical students, health care professional students, and the community
- Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
The position includes a faculty appointment, teaching opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package. Mentorship and support will be available to excel in all areas of academic medicine.
YOU BELONG AT EASTERN VIRGINIA MEDICAL SCHOOL. Located in beautiful Southeastern Virginia surrounded by the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, the Hampton Roads area provides a serene and outstanding lifestyle. At EVMS, we improve community and global health through education, patient care, and research. Eastern Virginia Medical School is proud to be one of the largest employers in Hampton Roads. EVMS is located in the historic port city of Norfolk, which is centrally located in the 1.8 million-person Hampton Roads area on the Chesapeake Bay, a short drive from the Virginia Beach oceanfront as well as many other historical and entertainment opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert