Envision Physician Services is seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians to staff the Emergency Department at Samaritan Hospital located in Troy, New York.
Samaritan Hospital is part of St. Peter s Health Partners, a three-hospital system in the Capital Region. Samaritan Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Gold Plus Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award in 2019.
- 238-bed full service community hospital
- Full service capabilities with most specialists represented including critical care, medical/surgical inpatient care, maternity services, pediatrics and behavioral health
- Transfer rate around 1% (PICU, trauma, neurosurgery)
- NY State Accredited Stroke Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Responsive, full service lab and radiology are available 24 hours per day
- 24-bed Intensive Care Unit
- Hospitalist service provides care for most medicine admissions
Emergency Department Profile
- 54,000 annual volume
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions
- State-of-the-art new 44 bed ED opened in December, 2017
- In-house behavioral health service
- Physician coverage: 45 hours per day
- APP coverage: 48 hours per day
- APP in Triage 12 hours per day helps efficiently manage patient flow
- Scribe coverage: 48 hours per day
- Meditech EMR moving to EPIC July 2020
- Dragon voice recognition dictation is also utilized
- ED Ultrasound
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
Troy, NY is a suburb of Albany and is situated just minutes away across the Hudson River. Home to approximately 150,000 residents, Troy, NY itself is host to a number of local businesses and quaint residential communities. The greater Albany area has a population of approximately 750,000. Albany is one of the best-kept secrets in the Northeast. Situated on the eastern border of the state, the area is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Albany is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums, theaters, and the Pepsi Arena. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is only 30 minutes away. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of NYC, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2 - 3 hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region s most desirable suburbs and schools. Samaritan Hospital is just across from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, and other respected colleges and universities including Siena College, SUNY-Albany, Sage and Union College are also located in the Capital District area. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.