Bassett Healthcare Network, a progressive, academic health system in central New York, major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking a Rheumatologist to join our staff.
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system that provides care and service to people living in an eight county region covering 5,600 square miles in Central New York. The organization includes five corporately affiliated hospitals, as well as skilled nursing facilities, community and school- based health centers, and health partners in related fields.
This is vibrant and sophisticated upstate community set in a bucolic lake front village affording four seasons of cultural and outdoor activity. An unparalleled and amazing state of the art community sport center. With a lakeside backdrop to the Bassett Medical Center campus, Cooperstown has the perfect feel of a Small Town Americana Village to call home. Named one of the Best Small Towns by Smithsonian Magazine, there is truly adventure in every season. Our convenient location provides easy access to metro areas including- Syracuse, Albany and New York City.
Join an established group of 2 physicians.
- Clinic which is fully supported with skilled nursing and office staff who provide substantial patient support assistance, including with prior authorizations
- Wide variety of diseases represented among patient population
- Teaching opportunities working directly with house staff and medical students
- Support for clinical research, including nursing, statisticians, and people expert in study design
- Vast majority of outpatient, with some inpatient
- Limited call
- Minimal travel
- NYS Licensure
- New graduates welcome
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Very generous paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life Insurance and disability protections
- Paid Malpractice
- Retirement Benefits
- CME time and money 10 days and up to $4,000
- Moving Allowance
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic redisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.