NORTON CHILDREN S UROLOGY, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, and a part of Norton Children s Medical Group, is seeking a pediatric urologist to join our growing practice located in Louisville, Kentucky. The practice has three physicians and seven nurse practitioners and sees more than 13,000 annual visits. We offer care through personalized provider teams so each patient receives committed, comfortable care.
Our pediatric urology specialists see children from newborn to age 18, offering comprehensive care and state-of-the-art tests for diagnosing and managing a wide range of urological conditions. We are one of the few practices in the area to offer advanced leading technology with video urodynamics and sedation capability. As the first pediatric urology providers of pediatric robotic surgery in Louisville, we stay on the cutting edge of technology with da Vinci Xi robotics and a full line of infant and pediatric endoscopic/cytoscopic equipment that is unavailable elsewhere in Louisville. The practice also utilizes telemedicine and electronic medical records with remote use.
This practice provides surgical services at three Louisville locations: Norton Children s Hospital, Norton Women s & Children s Hospital and Norton Children s Medical Center. With a heritage of pediatric medical service that began more than 125 years ago, Norton Children s Hospital in downtown Louisville is today widely recognized as a leading pediatric hospital in Kentucky and the Midwest, serving more than 200,000 patients each year. The pediatric urology program is ranked No. 1 in Kentucky and 40th nationally by U.S. News & World Report. Norton Women s & Children s Hospital in northeast Louisville is an American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program center and a Pediatric Surgical Center of Excellence.
About the position:
- Multiple-member clinical practice with active academic duties with the UofL School of Medicine
- Administrative and system support from advanced practice providers, licensed practical nurses, a nurse navigator and a scheduling team to deliver patient- and practitioner-focused care
- Opportunities to participate in community outreach at multiple locations
- Opportunities for physician leadership over newly developed multidisciplinary clinics in the areas of urinary and kidney stones, disorders of sexual differentiation, genitourinary oncology, oncofertility and pelvic health
- Collaboration with pediatric subspecialists in all major disciplines
- Competitive salary that includes the opportunity for bonus compensation, a signing bonus, a relocation reimbursement, continuing medical education funds, licensure reimbursements, four weeks of paid vacation during the first year and more
- Five-day work week with on-call coverage split among all providers
- Board certified or board eligible and fellowship trained in pediatric urology required
Why Norton Healthcare for your career:
- Integrated academic clinical care model focused on translating clinical research to state-of-the-art bedside care
- Comprehensive research support services provided across all pediatric services lines through Norton Children s Research Institute, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine
- Market share leader in the region
- Strong history rooted in robust training programs for medical students, residents and fellows
- Named 2021 s Top Workplace in the region by the Louisville Courier- Journal
- Named No. 10 on Healthiest Employers 2021 list of Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America and the No. 1 extra-large employer in Kentucky
About Norton Children s Medical Group
Norton Children s Medical Group, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, is the pediatric provider division of Norton Medical Group. Norton Children s Medical Group employs more than 400 medical providers who work in over 170 locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. To support the community s need for expanded care, Norton Children s Medical Group encompasses all pediatric care, including inpatient, outpatient, specialty and primary care. Patients have access to multidisciplinary resources through Norton Medical Group s extensive network of primary and specialty care practices, as well as Norton Children s Hospital, Norton Women s & Children s Hospital, Norton Children s Medical Center and the Novak Center for Children s Health. More information is available at NortonChildrens.com.
About the Novak Center for Children s Health
The 176,000-square-foot Novak Center for Children s Health opened in 2018. It was designed to create a better way to deliver health care for the children of Kentucky and the surrounding region. Located in the heart of the UofL Health Sciences campus and close to Norton Children s Hospital in downtown Louisville, the center is one of the largest and most technically advanced pediatric outpatient centers in the country. It provides the resources and space necessary to offer an integrated health care model, serving as the home of UofL Physicians pediatric specialty clinical practices, lab and radiology services, medical education conference rooms, multidisciplinary spaces and more. Families are able to have their children receive care in an environment that is designed to put children at ease, while having access to some of the region s top pediatric specialists, all in one convenient outpatient care location. The Novak Center for Children s Health features interactive art displays and special events with musicians and other artists. Most important, it is home to cutting-edge medical treatments designed specifically to address the health care needs of children.
About Norton Children s
The Norton Children s name stands for expert pediatric care across a spectrum of specialties and locations throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Comprising two hospitals, a medical center, regional outpatient centers, and primary and specialty care physician practices, Norton Children s is a comprehensive network of highly trained pediatric specialists and support services providing care for children of all ages. As the need for expert pediatric care has grown in our region, so has the footprint of Norton Children s. Our medical facilities currently serve more than 185,000 patients each year.
Located in downtown Louisville, the 300-bed Norton Children s Hospital is the region s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital, the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Louisville and serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Norton Children s Hospital provides a complete range of services for children, including pediatric intensive care and one of the nation s largest Level IV neonatal intensive care units.
Norton Children s Medical Center in northeastern Jefferson County is the only pediatric outpatient center of its type in Kentucky, offering 365-day-a-year pediatric emergency services, a full complement of pediatric diagnostic imaging services, a full-service laboratory and a wide range of pediatric outpatient surgery services.
Norton Women s & Children s Hospital in St. Matthews offers pediatric emergency services, pediatric surgery, inpatient care and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity