SSM Health Dean Medical Group is a 500-physician multi-specialty group. We invite you to become part of the Trauma and Acute Care Surgery program (TrACS) at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison, Wisconsin, an ACS Level II Trauma Center. You will be part of a continuously growing team that provides care at one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.Requirements
- Fellowship in Trauma/Surgical Critical Care preferred (not required); will consider General Surgery residency trained applicants with strong rotation experience in Trauma and Acute Care surgery
- Board certification in Surgical Critical Care required or board certification in General Surgery
- ACLS/ATLS Certifications
- Become part of an integral team of providers (6 Full Time Trauma Surgeons and 8 Advanced Practice providers (APPs)
- Anticipate 14-15 shifts per month (12-hour shifts)
- No 24-hour shifts; 24/7 APP coverage
- Busy and robust large volume Acute Care Surgery service
- Brand new additional ICU currently used for Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network.
- St. Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family. In fact, Madison was recently named as the best place to live in America by Livability in 2021 https://livability.com/best-places/2021-top-100-best-places-to-live-in-america/top-100-2021-madison-wi/
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Physician - State of Work Location