Emergency Medicine Physician Opportunity:
Centra Medical Group is actively seeking emergency medicine physicians to join our network of Emergency Departments in Central Virginia.
After in-depth training at Centra s Lynchburg General Hospital, you ll serve at one, or multiple locations, depending on what you choose (contingent upon availability):
- Lynchburg General Hospital (Lynchburg, VA 92K visits/yr.
- Maintains a Level II trauma center, an acute MI and stroke-certified center, and a dedicated pediatrics area
- More than 30 staff physicians are board-certified or board-eligible in emergency medicine.
- Southside Community Hospital (Farmville, VA 37K visits/yr.)
- Bedford Memorial Hospital (Bedford, VA 16K visits/yr.)
- Gretna Medical Center (Gretna, VA 20K visits/yr.)
- Free-standing ED that opened in December 2014.
Centra Medical Group is part of Centra, a nationally recognized Virginia healthcare system encompassing four hospitals, four regional medical centers, and more than 50 primary care/specialty practices. Centra fosters a vibrant, collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician satisfaction all reflected in our high employee retention rate and long staff tenure. As a quality-oriented employer, Centra offers:
- Very competitive compensation
- Generous benefits package
- Educational loan repayment options
- Relocation assistance
- Onboarding bonus
Virginia s FIRST EmPATH unit!!
Best of all, you'll be working in a community that's renowned for its quality of life. The Lynchburg region has been singled out by sources such as Forbes, Newsweek, CNNMoney, and Kiplinger.com for its mild climate, low cost of living (17% below national average), and its abundance of cultural, educational and recreational assets. You ll find an amazing diversity of housing options here, ranging from historic mansions to lakefront condos...all situated just a few hours' drive from Washington, DC, mountain ski resorts, and Virginia's coastal beaches.