Wilkes Medical Center
The Section on Hospital Medicine is seeking a physician leader with experience in operations, finance, and quality to serve as Medical Director of Hospital Medicine at Wilkes Medical Center. Wilkes Medical Center is located in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, serving the needs of the town, Wilkes County, and the surrounding rural region. The successful candidate will lead the WMC Hospital Medicine team and report to the Section Chief, Section on Hospital Medicine, Wake Forest Baptist Health System.
Specific expectations for the position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Uphold Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist s mission, Vision, and values.
- Create synergy and collaboration within the Atrium Heath Wake Forest Baptist health system with regards to patient care.
- Collaborate with local Wilkes Medical Center leadership including, but not limited to, the President, CMO, and CNO.
- Collaborate with the Section Chief on Hospital Medicine and clinical operations.
- Collaborate with the medical directors at the Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist hospitals and Atrium Enterprise hospitals.
- Collaborate with regional Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Operations Center.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Hospital Medicine provider team at Wilkes Medical Center, including recruitment.
- Develop effective communication with attending physicians, advanced practitioners, subspecialists, surgical colleagues, emergency room colleagues, and primary care providers.
- Develop and implement Hospital Medicine provider coverage model for inpatient medical services and the skilled nursing facility as it relates to the needs of the community and rural health.
- Oversight of WMC Intensive Care hospitalist operations and partner with Advanced ICU Care.
- Collaborate with telehealth services including, but not limited to, Hospitalist at Home, Virtual Hospital, and teleconsult.
- Perform the duties of Co-Medical Director of the WMC skilled nursing facility. Provide leadership and direction for the SNF medical team.
- Ensure there is appropriate clinical staffing as the inpatient census fluctuates throughout the year.
- 5yrs as a Hospitalist and minimum 2yrs in Hospital Medicine leadership base in exposure to those items outlined in the job description
- Ensure that physicians and advanced practitioners are meeting best practice clinical standards and quality expectations.
- Manage the Hospital Medicine group to ensure core measures and patient experience metrics are met.
- Ensure that the hospitalists and advanced practitioners at Wilkes Medical Center are provided opportunities to teach and learn evidence-based medicine with medical students, advanced practitioner student, interns, residents and other learners.
- Manage the budget and finances with the administrative team for the Hospital Medicine group at Wilkes Medical Center.
- Ensure that billing is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that coding and documentation are done accurately.