This is a tenure-track faculty position in the Division of Infectious Diseases, Allergy and Immunology, within the Department of Medicine at the School of Medicine.
The Division leads the Center for Vaccine Development at Saint Louis University which has received significant funding for preclinical and clinical research, including 30 years of NIH funding as a Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Unit. The Division is seeking candidates that will enhance our strengths in basic, translational, and clinical research and will expand our capacity to conduct all phases of clinical trials for new vaccines and therapeutics. Research effort will be approximately 80% with mentorship, collaborations, and startup funding geared toward the development of independent extramural funding. The remaining 20% will be devoted to patient care and teaching.
Requirements: MD or MD/PhD with clinical and research expertise in infectious diseases, immunology, and vaccinology.
- Signing bonus available
- Student loan assistance program
- New state of the art level 1 trauma center
- Hospital and outpatient offices on the same campus
- Competitive salary with exceptional benefits
- Shared call
- EPIC EMR
- Some visa sponsorship available
The St. Louis metro area has over 2.8 million residents, a rich history and wonderful attractions. You'll enjoy the benefits of the Arch, MLB Cardinals and NHL Blues, the St. Louis Symphony, the Fox Theater, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Botanical Gardens and the Zoo. The area has outstanding public and private schools, and 3 major Universities. About SSM Health -
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
Physician - State of Work Location