St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a part-time experienced board-certified Pediatric Intensivist to join our 8 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at our Bethlehem Campus. If you are a physician who is excited by growth and new opportunities, we look forward to speaking with you! Candidates should possess exceptional professional, communication, problem solving and clinical skills.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, specialty and primary care providers spread across a variety of practice locations (throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey).
- St. Luke’s University Hospital – Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children’s Hospital Association, representing the Network’s investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care unit is an 8-bed unit which opened in February 2020 at the Bethlehem Campus. The unit is staffed by critical care intensivists and specially trained pediatric nurses and receives admissions from the Network’s 12 hospital campuses.
- The inpatient pediatric unit is a 17-bed unit also located at the Bethlehem Campus. This unit was newly reconstructed in June 2022 and is located adjacent to the PICU. The inpatient hospitalist team consists of 5 dedicated pediatric hospitalists who provide care in house 24/7 to patients admitted from any of the Network’s hospital campuses.
- The unit is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery! Many of these specialists are co-located in St. Luke’s new Pediatric Specialty Center, the region’s first and only freestanding building dedicated entirely to providing care for pediatric patients.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers nearly 5,000 babies per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities