Reading Hospital-Tower Health is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon to join an experienced, busy, and collaborative surgery practice. This position will fully support Reading Hospital/Tower Health's Independent Tract Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship as Core Faculty including completing ACGME required research mandates; will be able to customize their own practice, encompassing anything and everything along the spectrum of plastic surgery and will participate in the Reading Hospital Tower Health Hospital, Trauma, ER, and Transfer Center based call schedule.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America's 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand-new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; when fully operational, the medical school will enroll 200 medical students.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- Reading Hospital recognized on Newsweek's World Best Hospitals (92 nd) 2021 List
- Joining an experienced, busy & collaborative surgical team
- Core Faculty for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
- Build and customize your own practice
- Support Reading Hospital Tower Health System Hospital, ER, Trauma, and Transfer Center Call
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- CME Allowance
- Retirement programs
- Educational Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia and within driving distance of other major metropolitan areas like Baltimore and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
- MD or DO
- BE/BC in Plastic Surgery
- Licensed/eligible to obtain Pennsylvania Medical License
- Fellowship training and post-training practice experience in microvascular breast-lymphatic reconstruction preferred but not mandated