Job Description & Requirements
Oculoplastic Ophthalmologist in Virginia
StartDate: 07/03/2023Available Shifts: Director, 100% Oculoplastics
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Virginia (UVA) School of Medicine is seeking a compatible physician for a tenure-eligible faculty position specializing in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. Candidates must be committed to a career in academic medicine and interested in combining clinical practice with resident education and or research. The incoming physician will join a talented team, helping to provide their patients with high-quality, state-of-the-art care in all ophthalmology sub-specialties.Opportunity Highlights
Community Information – Live in Highly desirable Charlottesville, VA
- Leadership opportunity at a prestigious, highly ranked university
- Build the practice you want – this is your opportunity to put your mark on the practice
- 100% oculoplastic opportunity
- Be as busy as you want from day 1: no ramp-up time needed and no solicitation of external referrals because you'll have more than enough internal referrals
- Be a specialist in the community with no competition
- Work for an iconic university with nationally ranked schools and programs, diverse and distinguished faculty, a major academic medical center, and proud history as a renowned research university
- UVA is ranked #25 in the nation (US News & World Report), while UVA Medical Center is ranked No. 1 in Virginia in World's Best Hospital Guide (Newsweek)
Charlottesville, Virginia, is a welcoming community ranked an overall grade of A and one of the best places to live in Virginia (Niche
). Situated within the upper Piedmont Plateau at the Blue Ridge Mountains foothills and the Rivanna River headwaters, Charlottesville offers much to families and individuals alike. You'll enjoy our small-town feel, big-city amenities, and cultural attractions.
- Only two hours south of Washington, DC, and just over an hour to Richmond
- 30-minute drive to The Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway
- All Charlottesville City schools are White House-certified to be "future-ready" and are charter members of the League of Innovative Schools
- Many schools receive the Virginia Department of Education's "VIP Award of Excellence"
- The Ale Trail takes you on a tour of craft breweries, cideries, and distilleries in and around the city
- Plenty of outdoor activities with four distinct seasons
Fellowship training requiredPreferred Qualifications
ASOPR certified programAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.