Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric - Cardiology is seeking a physician with expertise in Advanced Imaging.
Join our Division of Pediatric Cardiology! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
- Our Pediatric Heart Center includes12 pediatric cardiologists (10 full time), and 2 pediatric congenital heart surgeons
- Our program, which covers central Pennsylvania, is based out of the Hershey/Harrisburg area with 15 outreach sites
- There are 8 PA s involved with in-patient and out-patient services
- We have an ACGME approved fellowship program with 4 pediatric cardiology fellows, including a 4th year fellow in Advanced Imaging
- All subspecialty services are represented including congenital heart surgery, cardiac intensive care, cardiac anesthesia, interventional catheterization, EP/arrhythmia, maternal/fetal cardiology and preventative cardiology
- Subspecialty clinics include cardiac neurodevelopment, cardiac genetics, BPD, pulmonary hypertension, and hyperlipidemia
- Currently, we have four Advanced Imaging specialists
- Our Cardiology/CV surgery programs is among the best in the nation for children s hospitals (ranked #17 by U.S. News and World Reports and ranked as a 3-star program by the Society of Thoracic Surgery)
What we re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Cardiology with expertise in Advanced Imaging.
- The applicant should be interested in working in an academic/teaching center, and demonstrate respect for colleagues and patients.
- , D.O., or foreign equivalent, and board certified or eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, PA.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, PA.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, PA.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.